Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
sausageNet Nostalgia Forums

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How crap is your local Panto? (Read 22 times)
Reply #15 - Dec 10th, 2010 at 1:41pm

Nunnsofunky   Offline
Global Moderator
I am Mother Superior.
 Don't mess with me.
Kent

We've got Barry from Eastenders this year.  Oh, and someone called Emma from Hi-5.  Whoever she is.  I'm sure she wasn't in it when I watched it with my daughter 8-10 years ago.  Undecided

If I had all the money I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Dec 10th, 2010 at 10:08pm

DM   Offline
sausageNet God

The Krainkies have gone to Glasgow with John barrowman!  Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2010 at 5:21pm

Indigo Lupin   Offline
sausageNet God
'The friendliest of fruits'
Norwich

Norwich has Steven Uppal, who is from Hollyoaks apparently, Ann Bryson from the Rory Bremner shows and Joel Beckett who played Joel in Eastenders about 5 years ago.

I'll be giving it a miss.

Inside they harbour secret thoughts, they peek through windows that have twice been locked.
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Dec 14th, 2010 at 7:25am

Black_Widow   Offline
sausageNet God
A thing of beauty is a
joy forever
Hampshire

Our other local panto in Basingstoke is Sleeping Beauty, with Wendy Craig as "Good Fairy", Abi Titmuss as "Bad Fairy" and the bloke that plays PC Plum in Balamory as "Silly Billy".  No, I don't remember Silly Billy in Sleeping Beauty either.

The people playing the King, the Prince and Sleeping Beauty don't merit a photo, so presumably are local.

You never know your luck with a knitting needle and a duck, so it's twice round the lighthouse and back in time for tea
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 5:08am

WillotheWisp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Turn It On!
UK

It's that time of year again, so who do we all have?

Swindon has Keith Chegwin as Buttons this year.
We've had worse  Undecided

The mind has so many pictures...
IP Logged

Reply #20 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 8:15am

stig of the dump   Offline
Egg & Beans on Toast
near sevenoaks,kent

I was driving behind a bus a couple of days ago, and a poster on the back was saying that the Xmas panto for one of the Medway towns was Peter Pan starring VANILLA ICE as Capt. Hook!
I AM SO THERE!
My local panto stars Leslie Grantham...
Last year ( or maybe the year before) it starred Michelle Gayle; why can't she be in this years panto??? She came up to me in my local Sainsburys, wearing her stage costume ( her, not me), and asked me if was going to go to the panto. I told her I would be at every performance, in the front row, if she was in it. She is lovely....................

he's not the messiah,he's a very naughty boy!
IP Logged

Reply #21 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 4:32pm

WillotheWisp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Turn It On!
UK

She is indeed! Saw her on an episode of Celeb come Dine With Me recently.

Anyway, Not only do we have Cheggars in town at the moment but he was accompanied by Saturday Superstore DJ Mike Reed to switch on the xmas lights  Cheesy

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:23am

Indigo Lupin   Offline
sausageNet God
'The friendliest of fruits'
Norwich

Norwich plays host to the ex cast members of Hollyoaks once again this year.  The panto is Sleeping Beauty and it stars Hayley Tamaddon and Kevin Sacre. 

When I first looked at the poster I thought we'd got Phil Jupitus but it turned out to be the comedian called Andre Vincent who really does bear an uncanny resemblance to him. I have since been informed that they played Tweedledum and Tweedledee in a show together.  We also have Helen Fraser who was Bodybag in Bad Girls as the baddie.

Inside they harbour secret thoughts, they peek through windows that have twice been locked.
IP Logged

Reply #23 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:00pm

Black_Widow   Offline
sausageNet God
A thing of beauty is a
joy forever
Hampshire

Southampton has Peter Pan: The Musical this year, with Les Dennis, Lucy Benjamin from Eastenders, Ben Richards (Casualty?  can't remember, but he's quite attractive) as Captain Hook and Daniel Boyes (came 4th or 5th behind Lee Mead in that Joseph competition a few years ago) as Peter Pan.

You never know your luck with a knitting needle and a duck, so it's twice round the lighthouse and back in time for tea
IP Logged

Reply #24 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:37pm

WillotheWisp   Offline
YaBB Administrator
Turn It On!
UK

Black_Widow wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:00pm:
and Daniel Boyes (came 4th or 5th behind Lee Mead in that Joseph competition a few years ago) as Peter Pan.

I think we may have a winner!  Grin

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 8:31pm

stig of the dump   Offline
Egg & Beans on Toast
near sevenoaks,kent

I can picture it now: Daniel Boyes as Peter Pan, Vanilla Ice as Captain Hook, and Susan Boyle as Tinkerbell....un-toppable -  unless, of course, you can think of a more hilarious fantasy cast...???

he's not the messiah,he's a very naughty boy!
IP Logged

Reply #26 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 12:47pm

Black_Widow   Offline
sausageNet God
A thing of beauty is a
joy forever
Hampshire

This year the Mayflower Southampton has gone 4 better than Daniel Boyes for its production of Jack & The Beanstalk - we've got your actual Lee Mead as Jack, then there's Nigel Havers, Julian Clary, Jeffery Holland (from Hi-de-Hi) and Paul Zerdin (who I believe is a ventriloquist).

I think this may be our best cast for years!  Almost tempted to go just for Clary.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print